Piping Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Article in Scotland on Sunday:-
The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 am by true_blue_piper

» Dave Harron
The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:02 pm by janelle

» We are not amused.....
The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:24 am by janelle

» Article in The Herald
The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:37 am by true_blue_piper

» Bonking with Bagpipes, Rooting to Reels or Hornpipe Humping?
The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 am by janelle

» Bloody cheek.....
The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:00 am by Dai Robb

» Who's Birthday is it today?????
The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 am by Dai Robb

» Thomas Grotrian (Pipefest)
The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:18 am by janelle

» Edinburgh Compeition winners
The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:17 am by true_blue_piper

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The never ending question...where to play the embellishment?

2 posters

Go down

The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? Empty The never ending question...where to play the embellishment?

Post by janelle Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:05 am

One of the other forums has the (always comes up) discussion of where to play a Tarlouth? With the G gracenote on the beat or the E grace on the beat. Have to admit in the past I've never paid a lot of attention.
I'm a G person. To paraphrase my tutor, if your embellishments are up to speed, the entire embellishment is on the beat. For the purpose of lower grade bands, starting the movement on the beat, is easier to keep every one together.

Ok so maybe it's the drummer in me, but I don't understand why anyone would want to end the embellishment on the beat (other than they like it that way) Am I missing something here? Just curious!
janelle
janelle

Back to top Go down

The never ending question...where to play the embellishment? Empty Re: The never ending question...where to play the embellishment?

Post by true_blue_piper Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:50 am

the ol' G, I reckon.
true_blue_piper
true_blue_piper

Back to top Go down