Piping Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» Article in Scotland on Sunday:-
New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:57 am by true_blue_piper

» Dave Harron
New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' EmptyTue Jun 19, 2012 1:02 pm by janelle

» We are not amused.....
New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:24 am by janelle

» Article in The Herald
New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' EmptyThu Apr 12, 2012 3:37 am by true_blue_piper

» Bonking with Bagpipes, Rooting to Reels or Hornpipe Humping?
New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' EmptyMon Apr 02, 2012 1:29 am by janelle

» Bloody cheek.....
New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 11:00 am by Dai Robb

» Who's Birthday is it today?????
New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:44 am by Dai Robb

» Thomas Grotrian (Pipefest)
New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:18 am by janelle

» Edinburgh Compeition winners
New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 1:17 am by true_blue_piper

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday'

3 posters

Go down

New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' Empty New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday'

Post by true_blue_piper Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:11 am

Never did fathom out how adults can do that 're-enactor' thing. It's like kids playing 'japs and commandos' but you have to do the battle like it really was....without the grime, the gore and horror of course....

"You're dead"....."No, I'm not"......"f*ck you, you are"....wack, bang, ouch....

View:-
http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com/news/American-civil-war-how-a.6749113.jp
true_blue_piper
true_blue_piper

Back to top Go down

New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' Empty Re: New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday'

Post by janelle Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:13 am

You're the one who keeps saying you've never got the hang of the growing up stuff Razz So why shouldn't they have fun playing their games. Some of them pride themselves on being history buffs.

"You're dead"....."No, I'm not"......"f*ck you, you are"....wack, bang, ouch....
That sounds like the Australian Army training in the late 70's LOL
janelle
janelle

Back to top Go down

New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday' Empty Re: New York Highlanders - Article in 'Scotland on Sunday'

Post by true_blue_piper Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:26 am

It's just the mere thought.....

"Bye darlin', I'm just off to get dressed up and play at soldiers. Boy am I going to kill some of them damned yankees today. Bang bang, you're deid......OH Dog\'s Doo Dahs.....the mobile phone's ringing.....can we just stop the battle for a few moments, it's my finance manager...."

true_blue_piper
true_blue_piper

Back to top Go down

Post by janelle Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:22 am

true_blue_piper wrote:It's just the mere thought.....

"Bye darlin', I'm just off to get dressed up and play at soldiers. Boy am I going to kill some of them damned yankees today. Bang bang, you're deid......OH Dog\'s Doo Dahs.....the mobile phone's ringing.....can we just stop the battle for a few moments, it's my finance manager...."

lol! lol! The funniest thing about your comment is that JB has a mate who was into re-enactments and was a consultant on some movies about the American Civil War, and he said this has on occasions happened.
janelle
janelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:15 am

The only reason Ron is going on about it? is because(he wonty admit to it) he ACTUALLY took part in the original/ he just hides his age well?
Dai Robb
Dai Robb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by true_blue_piper Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:18 am

......if I had, reckon I'd have been one of the yankees......they were the ones that wore blue, right?

(and just in case KatieMc is hovering around....)

....but I reckon these confederate types were really nice people as well.

Very Happy
true_blue_piper
true_blue_piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:10 am

Is that is what is called COVERING YOUR A***?? lol! lol!
Dai Robb
Dai Robb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by true_blue_piper Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:18 am

nah....it's called crawling.....you taught me well.
true_blue_piper
true_blue_piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:17 am

Oh definitely I am an Immediate Past Master Very Happy
Dai Robb
Dai Robb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by true_blue_piper Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:24 am

Respect. I am impressed.

An IPM as well as current Master of the Auld Association of Sheepmeisters (ASS)!
true_blue_piper
true_blue_piper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dai Robb Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:15 am

Not JUST a pretty face you see Ron??
Dai Robb
Dai Robb
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down